European Youth Capital 2023: Applications are open!
Do you dream to #YouthUp your city in 2023? Now this is your chance as we are launching the call for applications to be the European Youth Capital 2023. Apply now!
The European Youth Capital is a title awarded by the European Youth Forum designed to empower young people, boost youth participation and strengthen European identity.
Each year, a new European city is given the chance to showcase its innovative ideas, projects and activities that aim to raise up young voices and bring a new youth perspective to all aspects of city life.
The European Youth Capital title will be awarded for the fifteenth time for 2023, having first been awarded to Rotterdam in 2009.
Why should a municipality apply to be the next European Youth Capital?
The European Youth Capital creates a positive impact in many areas:
- Opens up new opportunities
- Brings positive change
- Encourages active participation
- Promotes volunteering
- Fosters European identity
- Champions diversity and inclusion
- Strengthens youth organisations
- Boosts Investment in youth
- Amplifies ones voice in Europe
- Turns one into an international meeting point
- Connects young people
Want to know more?
What are the steps?
To secure the European Youth Capital title, applicant cities are asked to submit an application outlining their past performance in the youth field, their motivation, the key challenges facing young people, and a multi-faceted programme of activities designed to meet them. They must detail clear plans to empower and involve young people, continue and expand youth-related projects, and the longer-term impact of their proposed European Youth Capital year.
Up to five short-listed candidates will be selected by the Jury convened by the European Youth Forum. These candidates will be provided with feedback and recommendations as to how they can improve their applications, before a final winner is chosen and announced at the European Youth Forum’s Council of Members in November 2020.
How to apply?
- The full call for European Youth Capital 2023 applications with all the relevant dates and details.
- The Concept Note application questionnaire.
- The Concept Note application form.
- The legal terms and conditions governing the competition, which should be signed and submitted together with other application documents.
If you have any questions relating to the application and selection procedure, please contact the European Youth Forum’s Secretariat.