Call for Consultant - European Youth Capital 2022
The European Youth Forum is the leading organisation advocating for the rights of young people. We are a platform of youth organisations, independent, democratic and youth-led, we represent 104 National Youth Councils and International Youth Organisations from across the Continent. The Youth Forum works to empower young people to participate actively in society to improve their own lives, by representing and advocating their needs and interests and those of their organisations towards the European institutions, the Council of Europe and the United Nations.
The European Youth Forum is looking for a consultant to give expert, independent input for the the ongoing application process for the European Youth Capital 2022. The role of the independent consultant is to assess the applications of the cities in all three phases of the competition (see schedule under “responsibilities”) and to provide the European Youth Forum with an assessment on how the applications relate to the criteria for selection.
About the European Youth Capital
The ‘European Youth Capital’ (EYC) title is awarded by the European Youth Forum to a European municipality for a period of one year, during which it is given the chance to showcase its youth-related cultural, social, political and economic life and development. The EYC title encourages municipalities to both continue and expand the implementation of youth participation projects and to put in practice new ideas and innovative projects on the active participation of young people in society. It gives the opportunity to cities to be a role model in ensuring the sustainable involvement of young people in the political, societal, cultural and economic life of the municipality.
More about the European Youth Capital
- Assessment of the applications from the Candidate cities in the first application round (January 2019) & establishment of a suggested shortlist of Candidate cities and contribution to the development of feedback for all Candidate cities.
- Assessment of the short-listed Candidate cities’ application forms in the second application round (May 2019), and development of detailed recommendations/expertise for the Short-listed Candidate cities on how their applications can be further improved.
- Assessment of the improved, final applications submitted by the Short-listed Candidate cities in the third application round (September 2019) and establishment of a draft ranking for assessment and decision by the Jury of the European Youth Capital 2022.
- Participation in the final meeting of the European Youth Capital 2022 Jury in November 2019.
PROFILE OF THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Strong experience in the implementation of projects related to youth participation at the local and urban levels. A good knowledge of and experience in using digital and social media platforms for campaigning purposes.
- Strong experience in consultancy role.
- Excellent analytical, planning and organisation skills.
- Independence from all Candidate cities.
- Strong motivation to contribute to the objectives of the European Youth Capital as a key initiative for improved youth participation in Europe.
- Proactive, critical, flexible, creative and solution oriented.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and oral.
- Computer literacy: good working knowledge of G-suite.
To submit your application for this vacancy, please send your CV, cover letter and answers to the below questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Question 1: Please describe your background. What experience do you have in working as a consultant? Specifically, what experience do you have in implementing youth participation at the local level?
Question 2: What are the most important factors to fostering local youth participation?
Question 3: What do you see as the ideal legacy of an EYC year for a city?
Question 4: What is your motivation for becoming the EYC 2022 consultant.
Interviews for this vacancy will be held between 3rd and 10th December 2018 and the successful candidate will be expected to start on 7 January 2019. Due to the high number of applications usually received for the European Youth Forum vacancies, only candidates short-listed for interviews will be contacted. All candidates are kindly requested to refrain from any phone inquiries .