European Youth Capital 2022: call for applications!
Do you dream to #YouthUp your city in 2022? Now this is your chance as we are launching the call for applications to be the European Youth Capital 2022.
The European Youth Capital is a title awarded by the European Youth Forum designed to empower young people, boost youth participation and strengthen European identity.
Each year, a new European city is given the chance to showcase its innovative ideas, projects and activities that aim to raise up young voices and bring a new youth perspective to all aspects of city life.
The European Youth Capital title will be awarded for the 14th time in 2022. The first time was in Rotterdam in 2009.
Why should a municipality apply to be the next European Youth Capital?
The European Youth Capital creates a positive impact in many areas:
- Opens up new opportunities
- Brings positive change
- Encourages active participation
- Promotes volunteering
- Fosters European identity
- Champions diversity and inclusion
- Strengthens youth organisations
- Boosts Investment in youth
- Amplifies your city's voice in Europe
- Turns your city into an international meeting point
- Connects young people
Want to know more? Check out the “European Youth Capital: ten years of boosting vibrant youthful cities” report here.
European Youth Capital title, applicant cities are asked to submit an application outlining their past performance in the youth field, their motivation, the key challenges facing young people, and a multi-faceted programme of activities designed to meet them. They must detail clear plans to empower and involve young people, continue and expand youth-related projects, and the longer-term impact of their proposed European Youth Capital year. Up to five short-listed candidates will be selected by the Jury convened by the European Youth Forum. These candidates will be provided with feedback and recommendations as to how they can improve their applications, before a final winner is chosen at the Jury meeting in November 2019 and awarded at the European Youth Forum’s Council of Members afterwards.
How to apply?
- The full call for European Youth Capital 2022 applications, with all the relevant dates and details.
- The European Youth Capital 2022 ‘Concept Note’ application form that cities must complete and submit.
- The legal terms and conditions governing the competition, which should be signed and submitted together with other application documents.
- The European Youth Capital 2022 “ Concept Note” application questionnaire.
Deadline for applications: 13 January 2019
The European Youth Forum (YFJ) is the platform of youth organisations in Europe. We represent 104 youth organisations, which bring together tens of millions of young people from all over Europe. The Youth Forum works to empower young people to participate actively in society to improve their own lives by representing and advocating their needs and interest and those of their organisations. In the current uncertain political and social context that affects young people, they can be powerful catalysts for positive change and contributors of innovative solutions to Europe’s challenges.
More information on the European Youth Forum’s website here.