Position Paper on Structured Dialogue
This paper sets out the position of the European Youth Forum regarding the further development of the structured dialogue process. The Forum advocates for:
- Youth involvement in deciding the overall priority of any future cycle of the structured dialogue.
- A focus on one overall priority for any future cycle, looking at different aspects of this overall priority in each phase and working towards one, representative and meaningful outcome.
- An emphasis on dialogue and the joint decision-making of young people and policymakers remain the focus of the process.
- Setting up a European Working Group for future cycles.
- The need for online visibility of the process in line with the recommendations of European Youth Week 2011.
- That National Youth Councils remain the key youth stakeholders at national level.
- National Working Groups become closely associated with the EU Youth Report, as the main reporting tool foreseen within the Open Method of Coordination.
- The continuation of the structured dialogue process until at least the end of the EU Youth Strategy in 2018.
- In the future the Structured Dialogue should develop into the main place at EU level where youth is co-managing youth affairs