Take the Youth Pledge!
Will you commit to be a Youth Social Rights Ally?
Skyrocketing youth unemployment and a growing mental health crisis - young people have been hit hard by the pandemic.
As this crisis is unfolding, the EU has presented its plan for how it will create jobs, fight poverty and promote social inclusion in Europe through its Action Plan on the European Pillar of Social Rights, which will be endorsed on the 7-8 May at the Social Summit in Porto, Portugal.
We are calling on leaders of the EU to use this opportunity to commit to the protection of young people’s rights by signing our Youth Pledge! Those who sign up to be a Youth Social Rights Ally commit to upholding youth rights and meaningfully engaging with young people and youth organisations in the framework of the EU’s Action Plan - making sure that young people are heard and can claim their rights!
Youth Social Rights allies who have already signed up to the Youth Pledge are:
- Valdis Dombrovskis, Executive Vice President of the European Commission
- Nicolas Schmit, European Commissioner for Jobs and Social Rights
- Mariya Gabriel, European Commissioner for Innovation, Research, Culture, Education and Youth
- Elisa Ferreira, European Commissioner for Cohesion and Reforms
- Pedro Sánchez, Prime Minister of Spain
- Iratxe Garcia Perez, MEP & Head of the Socialists and Democrats Group in the European Parliament
- Brando Benifei, MEP
- Niklas Nienass, MEP
- Damian Boeselager, MEP
- Lidia Periera, MEP
- Alicia Homs Ginel, MEP
- Kim Van Sparrentak, MEP
- Sylvie Brunet, MEP
- Dragoș Pîslaru, MEP
- Irène Tolleret, MEP
Ready to join them? Contact Youth Forum Policy and Advocacy Officer, William Hayward, email@example.com to find out more.
The Youth Pledge is available to download below.