Become a Member!
Is your organisation interested in becoming part of the European Youth Forum?
Then you're on the right page!
Why become a Youth Forum Member?
- Have your voice heard in Europe - becoming a member organisation of the European Youth Forum will give access to European and international institutions.
- Help decide on the future of youth in Europe - becoming a member organisation of the European Youth Forum will give access to decision and policy making of the platform and the possibility to nominate candidates for working structures.
- Grow stronger - the European Youth Forum provides numerous opportunities for capacity building and organisational development
- Share your expertise through various networks and expert groups to improve the situation of young people in Europe.
- Participate in different events at the European level - the European Youth Forum regularly organises events on various topics relevant to young people.
- Networking - connect and exchange best practices with 100 national and international youth organisations.
There are two different ways that your organisation can engage with the European Youth Forum:
MEMBER or ASSOCIATE
The information below will help you identify what is the best kind of engagement for your organisation and the specific criteria for joining.
What about individuals? If you are a young person looking to join a youth organisation or become active in the European youth field, you can explore the work of our Member Organisations, active on international and local levels.
What is the criteria for Associates?
- to accept and work for the purpose of the Youth Forum;
- to be a non-governmental and not for profit organisation;
- to have democratic aims and structures and accept the principles of the European Convention of Human Rights;
- to fully acknowledge the Statutes of the Forum;
- to work with young people and have a decision-making body controlled by young people;
- not to be subject to direction in their decisions by any external authority.
There are three categories of Members in the Youth Forum:
- Full members
- Observer members
In considering which type of membership you would like to apply for, please refer to the specific criteria described in the documents available for download below.
What is the criteria for Associates?
to accept and work for the purpose of the Forum;
to be a non-governmental and not for profit organisation, and not a subsidiary of, nor organisationally dependent on a for-profit organisation;
to fully acknowledge the Statutes of the Forum;
to have democratic aims and structures and accept the principles of the European Convention of Human Rights;
to include young people in the decision-making processes of the organisation and/or to have activities run entirely by young people;
not to be subject to direction in their decisions by any external authority.
In addition, there is a set of specific criteria to be fulfilled, that you can explore in the documents available for download below.
What’s the difference between membership and association? Open Close
Membership and Association are two different types of engagement with the European Youth Forum. Members and Associates have different rights, and while membership is designed for youth-led organisations who wish to be involved in the policy and decision-making processes of the platform, the association allows space for various civil society organisations, who are working with young people, to take part in the activities of the Youth Forum and engage with the platform in a unique way.
Who can be a member of the European Youth Forum? Open Close
Only independent non-governmental organisations based in Europe that meet the criteria stipulated in the Statutes of the European Youth Forum can become a member.
Who can be an associate of the Youth Forum? Open Close
Only International civil society organisations that work with and for young people in Europe and have a structure run by young people, that meet the criteria stipulated in the Statutes can become associates.