About the European Youth Forum
The vision of the European Youth Forum is to be the voice of young people in Europe, where young people are equal citizens and are encouraged and supported to achieve their fullest potential as global citizens.
Who are we?
The European Youth Forum is the biggest platform of youth organisations in Europe, representing over 100 youth organisations, which bring together tens of millions of young people from all over Europe. The European Youth Forum works to empower young people to participate actively in society to improve their own lives and advocates for their rights. The Youth Forum promotes youth participation, making young people catalysts for positive change and contributors of innovative solutions to Europe’s challenges.
The European Youth Forum is funded by:
From leaving education and finding a quality job, to protecting the...
To overcome the challenges faced by young people, the European Youth Forum's work is centred around four work areas - Democracy, Youth Organisations, Ecological crises and systemic change, and Social and Economic Inclusion - as outlined in our Strategic Plan.
In line with the Statutes, the objectives of the European Youth Forum are:
- Being the voice of young people in Europe, representing National Youth Councils (NYCs) and International Non-Governmental Youth Organisations (INGYOs) from across Europe;
- Promoting and defending the rights and interests of young people in Europe and increasing the participation of young people and youth organisations in society;
- Supporting, coordinating and promoting the work of our members and providing help and assistance where needed;
- Promoting youth policy as an integrated and cross-sectorial element of overall policy development;
- Promoting the exchange of ideas and experiences, mutual understanding, as well as equal rights and opportunities among young people in Europe;
- Positively influencing policy issues, especially those affecting young people and youth organisations directly;
Interested to become a member of the Youth Forum?
The Youth Forum is governed by young people, for young people.
To ensure that our work will always be democratic and transparent, the Youth Forum has different working structures that all play an important role in our organisation.
The Board defines the overall strategy of the Forum in accordance with the guidelines given by the member organisations at the General Assembly or the Council of Members. They oversee the implementation of the strategic plan. The Board is responsible for finances and budgetary matters. They prepare the statutory meetings. The Board ensures the external representation of the Forum. They are the main contact with and between the member organisations.
The Secretariat is the permanent structure of the Forum. It is composed of employees under the supervision of the Secretary-General. The Secretary-General is accountable for the Secretariat to the Board and the General Assembly.
Financial Control Commission (FCC)
The Financial Control Commission is responsible for the internal audit of the finances of the Youth Forum. It shall act in advisory capacity to the Board, Council of Members and the General Assembly on the allocation of existing resources in line with the strategic priorities and the work plan, as well as the identification of new resources. It presents a written report to the Council of Members and the General Assembly with regard to the annual budget and the accounts of the Forum.
- The members of the FCC for 2023-2024 are: Siobhán Gallagher, Agata Czyżewska and Emmanouela Tzani.
Consultative Body on Membership Applications (CBMA)
The Consultative Body on Membership Applications reviews the complete applications of potential members and presents a motivated report on the membership applications to the Board. Additionally, the Consultative Body on Membership Applications can be addressed by existing members or take initiative in relation to both proposed as well as adopted changes relevant to their membership status, such as changes of statutes and/or legal status.
- The members of the CMBA for 2023-2024 are: Caillum Hedderman, Daniela Ordowski, Freja Ellefsen and Simona Dimitrova.