Youth Progress Index
Measuring young people's quality of life globally!
The Youth Progress Index is one of the first instruments developed to give the full story of what life is like for a young person today, independent of economic indicators.
It brings together reliable, relevant data to give each country a score on how well different countries meet Basic Human Needs, Foundations of Wellbeing, and Opportunity.
Youth Progress Index 2021
Discover the 2nd edition of the Youth Progress Index on our website. You can:
- Explore our interactive world map
- Read individual country scorecards
- Download the data
- Find out more about the methodology
Knowledge is power!
By measuring a range of key criteria, the Youth Progress Index provides a unique insight into the progress countries are making to empower their young people.
Through the Youth Progress Index, we can find out the answers to important questions:
- Are young people able to exercise their socioeconomic and political rights?
- Do they live in a community where they feel included?
- Do they have access to housing?
Once we understand what life is like for a young person in different contexts around the world, we can start to better understand what policies work and what needs to change.